Tuesday, April 17, 2007

A crab craving!

dear friends,

I suddenly have a craving for seafood, after seeing an advertisement for seafood platter for 2 on Jack's Place seafood harvest. Its got all my favourite foods, crabs, prawn, oyster, sushi, lobster. Wah! heaven. The boy refuses to go because he doesn't like seafood and says its too pricey. My father loves crab but he can't eat it because of his arthritis. Sigh! When will I taste it again?

The perfect birthday meal happened some time ago at Noble House Restaurant, where Grace Buy got married. But we went on my birthday for a buffet, Nicholas, Audrey, the boy and I. I had 2 big servings of crab! One in the traditional egg chilli gravy, and the other in white wine and egg white. It was small, but fantastic. I also had my first taste of pigeon soup there. Wow! I was so caught up in the atmosphere and the taste of the food, savouring every moment I was there, that I forgot to take pictures! And now I can only transcribe my memory into words, and hope you can imagine the exquisite taste.

As I type this entry, I'm, at the least comforting myself with chilli crab flavoured cup noodles. Haha.

More soon

No comments: