Saturday, May 26, 2007

Good Fellowship in homes

The past 2 days were spent with churchmates and were filled with much camaraderie. It was fun, spending the night at xueying's hse. Ah boy and wei wei shared room with james, while I with xueying. I got to glimpse into their family life, and their parents were very hospitable. I love to observe the lifestyles and families of others, and you get to learn alot, just by visiting their homes.

The concept of home, is a very comforting idea. Everywhere you look there are pictures of day-to-day life. Laundry basket, cupboards full of bed sheets, stoves, shampoos, washing machine you name it. And the activities that go on inside the home, simple, mundane perhaps but comforting. Mothers cooking in the home, simple dishes for sustenance and health, which is what we really need isn't it?

We tend to overlook the effort that goes into just preparing a simple meal for the family. From the purchase of ingredients, to preparing them, chopping, to cooking, to serving, then finally cleaning up, washing the dishes. All for a meal that last 15- 20 minutes, that disappears into our stomachs, but sustains us and gives us energy.

I must kick the habit of eating supper. It is extremely unhealthy. Really I must. I have been eating supper for the past few days, and its taking a toll on my pocket.

These days I have been talking to Ah Boy about property. Hmm but a more elaborate discussion on that later perhaps.

On a brighter note, its parents day tomorrow. And Ah Boy and I are worship leading. God help us. =)

No comments: