Thursday, July 5, 2007

Xiaoni, the boy and me

I wanted to upload a photograph and xiaoni, the boy and me taken during the boy's POP in 2004. But I couldn't find it. I will when I do.

Xiaoni, the boy and me is a funny trio. "the Ni" , or "xiaoni" 's real statutory name is Anthony, he is the boy's (vincent's) smallest brother, who follows us around whenever he can, since he was very young. For this reason, we often spend time together, playing cards in the hostel room last year, watch movie, eat.

Xiaoni, the one who bites from my subway sandwich while I am not paying attention, who calls me "AH GOON" just like the boy does, who hears my worries and laugh at them, who calls me 'gila'. Who, when the boy doesn't want to bring him around, says " i follow ah goon" and comes along anyway.

He, whom I treat as my own brother.

I wonder how our dynamics will change as we grow up. I hope nothing will change.

We've decided, he shall be called "Uncle Ni." although to us, he will always be "Xiaoni", no matter how old he grows.

No comments: