Saturday, June 16, 2007

Mission trip

There is a certain lull in the very heartbeat of Malaysia that holds a mysterious allure. Somehow, my worries seemed to dissipate a little, in my 8 days spent there,during the church retreat and the mission trip. Both trips were, enjoyable in their own special way. The retreat in a, "the fellowship is great and warm" kind of way. The mission trip in a, "fresh experience, communal living"way. But I must say that these 8 days have been really memorable and special to me. Already, I'm beginning to miss the little sanctuary that we spent our 3 nights in.

I really loved playing with the village children. I am very inclined to believe that in their young lives, they have never taken a picture with a digital camera before. They run and snatch the camera to see themselves displayed on a small screen, only to laugh and roll on the ground, they literally did. When we gave them lollipops, they put them into their mouths without removing the wrapper. And we have to cajole them to take the sweets out just so we can remove the wrapper.

I had a great time fellowshipping with churchmates, and I told them about a stupid worry I had that was plaguing me for months. And by telling them, I released the grip that the worry had on me, and I am glad that they were very understanding, and they will shoulder this burden with me, imaginary as it may be.

This post is not complete. I will write more after the pictures are in. because they will trigger my thoughts.

No comments: