Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Driving test approaches...

I am really looking forward to my driving test. This is in no way an indication of how confident I am, because I can assure you, I'm not one bit confident. I still make silly mistakes once in a while, like lifting up the clutch too early and making the car jerk, or moving off too slowly at traffic light junctions. I still get nervous and sweaty whenever I have to make a U turn or a right turn at a complicated junction.

It was only when I started driving as an 'L' plate learner, that I began to appreciate the difficulties a driver has. I still find it amazing, the amount of coordination that is going on, between signals, motorists, and within the driver himself, between his brain and limbs. I find it miraculous that:

- when the light turns amber or red, everyone steps on the brake pedal and slows down.

- thousands of fast speed vehicles safely changing lanes at any one time on the roads.

I can't wait for the driving test experience! I may not pass. But still I think its exciting. And for the kind well-wishers out there, its on 22nd October, thats next next monday. Keep me in your prayer, do. I'll be grateful!

No comments: